Saturday, 2 April 2016

Exclusive: My relationship with MI - Chigurl

Exclusive: My relationship with MI - Chigurl

Fast rising female comedian Chigul who recently opened up about the hurt and feeling of betrayal she felt when her marriage packed up, has come out to speak on her new fond relationship with MI. Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Comedian Chigurl In an interview with NAIJ.COM, Chigul opened up on what influenced her to go into comedy, her choice and much more. Read excerpts of the interview below: What were the factors that influenced your decision to do comedy? Comedy was never in my plan, I just went through the door that was opened to me. I guess I have always been funny all my life and I saw an opportunity to venture into the comedy industry after releasing a vote note that went viral. I create characters all the time and Chigul is one of my characters; I do voices, among others. Since people seem to love the character over the years I am working with it at the moment. You sing and act also, how did you develop all these qualities?  I sing, I act movies and I do standup comedy. I started with comedy and at the moment I have two movies. Music is still on a small scale, I am not planning to launch out an album. I just do music because I like to sing, it is not something I take seriously. There are no plans to make music big? You can never tell, but right now I just like it as a hobby. Chigurl opens up on her failed marriage MI featured you in a song last year and you did quite well, what is your relationship with him? MI has always been a friend of mine and a fan. He asked if I would like to feature in the song and I accepted. He is a businessman and easy to work with. I wasn’t under any pressure at all because he is my friend. I have featured in many songs, not just MI’s song. I have also appeared in many musical videos, but I am yet to drop my own song. We are working on that and people should expect a sing that has a feel of comedy as well as danceable sound. What makes you unique? I am very versatile. Chigurl is a character that was created by Chioma.  Chioma does not sound like Chigul all the time. Chigurl is the funny part of me. How did you come about the name Chigurl? It was given to me by an admirer who was trying.Chigurl-DSC_3677
Comedian Chigurl

No comments:

Post a Comment